We have identified three priorities to focus on and invest in, which aim to create change in society through literature:
- Representation and Equality – Shape a sector that supports equal access for all by addressing historical and structural inequalities and platforming diverse voices
- Health and Well-being – Support the well-being of individuals and communities, using the healing potential of literature to enhance services
- Climate Emergency – Use creativity to educate, explore and challenge, increasing knowledge of the climate emergency and inspiring lasting change
Our Strands of Activity
We will deliver these priorities through our three strands of activity, which is how we create a vibrant literary society:
- Participation – Enable more people in Wales to discover the joys of actively participating in literature, inspiring communities and increasing access to our work
- Writer Development – Develop and support a skilled and visionary workforce in the literature sector, by providing opportunities, increasing potential, and championing fair employment practices
- Wales’ Literary Culture – Celebrate the diverse range of contemporary writers and the literary heritage of Wales with the world by creating a platform for a literature which is more relevant and accessible to a wider audience.
- Y Gymraeg | The Welsh Language – Promote the Welsh Language and celebrate our unique diverse Welsh culture by encouraging a thriving literary scene and opportunities to explore through literature.
Find out more about our Strategic Plan for 2022-2025 here.