Y Gadair Wag (The Empty Chair) is a new multi-platform poetry show by National Poet of Wales, Ifor ap Glyn, which approaches the story of Hedd Wyn from a fresh angle and examines themes of loss, borders and humanity.
The show is directed by Ian Rowlands and will contain digital art by Jason Lye.
Y Gadair Wag will tour in September 2017. Venues details and ticket information is listed below:
- 6 September, 7.30 pm, Trawsfynydd Hall
Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01766 522811
- 13 September, 7.00 pm, Irish Writers Centre, Dublin, Ireland (Multilingual performance)
Tickets: email@example.com / 01766 523237
- 15 September, 5.00 pm, Velvet Coalmine Festival, Blackwood: (Multilingual performance)
- 23 September, 7.30 pm, Festri’r Tabernacl, The Hayes, Cardiff
- 28 September, 7.30 pm, Y Drwm, National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Tickets: 01970 632548 / events.library.wales
- 29 September, 7.30 pm, Gŵyl Inc Festival, Galeri, Caernarfon
Tickets: 01286 685222 / www.galericaernarfon.com
- 30 September, 7.30 pm, Culturlann, Belfast (Multilingual performance).
Tickets: 02890 964180 / www.culturlann.ie
Y Gadair Wag forms part of the wider Barddoniaeth Colled | Poetry of Loss project, delivered by Literature Wales and funded by the Welsh Government’s Cymru’n Cofio Wales Remembers 1914-1918 First World War Centenary Programme.