How to Apply
Organisers must confirm the funding request in writing by post or fax, or by using the form available from the menu to the left, giving us the following information:
- Name, address and contact phone number for the group/ school/ organisation.
- Name(s) of writer(s), proposed fee(s), proposed expenses, description of event (including title if applicable), ticket prices (if applicable) plus any other information you think we should have.
- Events (other than school bookings) will be listed in the Academi’s bi-monthly ‘What’s On in Literary Wales’ magazine, A470, as well as included on the Academi’s website. Providing us with full information is important to help us advertise the event.
- Event date and event time plus full name and postal address of venue.
We will respond promptly to your application and may contact you for supplementary information. If we are unable to offer support, we shall let you know the reasons for our decision. If we are able to support your application, we will prepare booking forms and
organisers will be sent:
- A yellow form to confirm Academi support. Organisers are asked to sign and return it immediately.
- A claim form for organisers to return after the event. This confirms that organisers have paid the writer and tells us how many people attended/took part. On the rear of this form, organisers are asked to report briefly on the event and the writer’s performance.
- Participating writers will receive a letter from us informing them of Academi involvement and the agreement we have reached with the
promoter. The writer will also be asked to provide a report on the event. An independent Academi observer may also be present and will complete a
a similar report form.
Please note, written applications for Academi support must be received well in advance and at least four weeks before the proposed event date. Applications for support for school events may be considered as late as two weeks before the proposed date although all applicants are encouraged to plan further ahead than these limits.