The Writers of Wales Database
Flat 2, Shirecombe, Bendrick Drive, Southgate, Gower,
Swansea SA3 2AL
Tel: (01792) 230149
Born 1949, Nottingham. Has worked in the civil service and local government in Nottingham and London before studying (philosophy and science) at Warwick University and University College, Swansea. He is an active member of the Gower Society. Has lived in Gower/Swansea area since 1975 where he has made a special study of the creative process. Has written a novella for children about the adventures of a vegetarian piranha fish, and a full–length children’s novel, A Pond of Miller’s Thumb. Is working on a series of children’s novels set against the background of the Gower peninusula.
The Amethyst Seagull (Clam Press)
Eligible Writers on Tour subjects offered:
1. Read and discuss own work
2. Writing forms (verse/short story/novel/play/letters)
3. The novel (popular novel: Bagley/Greene/Wilbur Smith)
4. Writing for children
5. Tutorials, workshops, lectures, poetry adjudications, private tuition at any level
6. A creative approach to tuition for adults (group and individual) who have difficulty reading and writing
AGE RANGE: School age groups for studying children’s fiction. Adults for adult fiction, general and detailed discussion and tuition.