Job Vacancy: Head of Communications (Maternity Cover)
Head of Communications
37 hours / full time
12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
£28,000 – £35,000
The Head of Communications is responsible for the management and creative leadership of the Literature Wales brand, including internal and external communications across all platforms. The successful candidate will play a strategic role in building and promoting the profile and reputation of Literature Wales through effective communications with audiences, the media, stakeholders, key influencers and other arts organisations.
The Head of Communications is a member of the Senior Management Team and contributes to shaping the organisation’s overall strategic direction and goals and monitoring progress towards this, both in terms of project delivery and financial efficiency.
Key duties include:
- Leading and managing the Communications Team
- Creating the annual dynamic MARCOMMS Strategy in line with the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives and overseeing the delivery of the strategy
- Managing all external and internal communications activities
- Managing the Literature Wales brand and sub-brands
- Overseeing the Literature Wales website, including microsites and managing any website development
- Being a member of the Senior Management Team and contributing to strategic, operational and financial planning and monitoring
- Providing plans for responding to situations that require PR/media guidance
- Managing specific strategic projects
- Developing corporate communications and engagement with key stakeholders and funders
- Specific event management and organisation including onsite press liaison
- Any other tasks as required for the organisation
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills, experience, and personal qualities:
- Excellent communication skills in both Welsh and English
- An efficient and proactive working style
- Proven ability to engage and communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of managing projects and running events
- Experience of working to and meeting targets
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (or similar) and major social media platforms
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience of managing budgets and writing reports
- A full driving licence and access to a car
- Chief Executive
- Communications Manager
- Marketing & Programmes Officer
The Head of Communications will be based at the Literature Wales office at the Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay.
The ability to speak and write to a high standard in both Welsh and English is essential for this post.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave and will start on Monday 7 August 2017.
Closing Date: Friday 9 June 2017, 5.00 pm
Interviews: week commencing 19 June 2017
Applicants should email an application letter and CV,
including the details of two referees, to: email@example.com
Chief Executive: Lleucu Siencyn
Glyn Jones Centre
Wales Millennium Centre
Cardiff CF10 5AL
029 2047 2266
Twitter: @LitWales / @Llen Cymru
Literature Wales is supported by the Arts Council of Wales and the Welsh Government.