International Dylan Thomas Day
This year’s International Dylan Thomas Day will see events take place across the UK, as well internationally with celebrations in Italy, Australia, Sweden, Patagonia, Portugal, Ireland, and the United States.
This year includes an exciting array of activities, including all of the key locations associated with the poet: New Quay, Laugharne, Swansea, Penzance, Oxford, London, and New York.
- International Dylan Thomas Prize in partnership with Swansea University – 2017 Award Ceremony and Reception (10 May)
- International Live Poetry Reading – a live link between Wales, New York, Sweden, Ireland and Portugal
- Poetry Readings & Drop-In Workshop with the Young People’s Laureate for Wales, Sophie Mckeand and the National Poet of Wales, Ifor ap Glyn
- International Dylan Thomas Day Walk around Oxford
- Performance of Wales Bird: Aderyn Rhiannon – a hip-hop and jazz performance that includes former Young People’s Laureate for Wales, Martin Daws and former Bardd Plant Cymru, Aneirin Karadog
In the words of actor Michael Sheen: “To experience the sensual electric thrill of Dylan Thomas’ words makes any day special. Be good to your soul and make sure May 14th is one of them.”
Be sure to follow #DylanDay and #DyddDylan on social media.