Other Literary Competitions
A Small Good Thing Short Story Competition
Writing4all.ie have announced a new short story contest. A Small, Good Thing Short Story Competition is a monthly short story competition that accepts (via email or post) short stories of up to 3000 words max. Entry is €3 (€5 for two stories). The prize is €100 and publication in the Writing4all: Best of 2012 anthology.
The competition has been set up in response to the long waiting times that writers suffer when submitting work to journals and competitions. Winners are announced mid-month, so unsuccessful authors don’t have to wait too long until they can submit elsewhere.
The competition opens on May 1, 2012, with the May winner announced in mid-June.
Here's the deal in bullet-form:
• A monthly competition for short stories (3000 words max).
• Entry: €3 to enter one story, €5 to enter two stories.
• Prize: €100; winning stories published in the Writing4all: Best of 2012 Anthology.
• Winners announced mid-month, (so if you don’t win, you don't have to wait an age to submit your stories to other competitions and magazines)
• You can submit by post/email.
• By post: A Small Good Thing Short Story Competition, Writing4all, Spade Enterprise Centre, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
• By email: Please send as .doc attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title: A short story for your consideration (amend as appropriate for multiple stories)
• If paying by paypal, please quote your payment number (which will look something like 98B96318D4186023G) in the email/cover letter
• If paying by cheque/postal order, please make them payable to Writing4all Ltd
• Unpublished stories only. Stories that have appeared on ‘workshopping’ sites like Writing4all are, however, eligible.
• English language only, sorry. We’ll let you know if we learn any other languages.
Deadline last day of each month
Any questions, please contact Thomas Morris; email@example.com